I made this cake for my husband’s birthday. It’s actually his favorite. Before I knew how to bake, I used to make the Duncan Hines Devil’s Food cake mix and add Reese’s peanut butter chips to the center, then top it with which ever brand of vanilla frosting was available at the grocery store. He loved it then, but this is now…when I’ve learned how to bake from scratch! Finally! It took me a few years….
The recipe for this cake came from addapinch.com. It claims to be the best chocolate cake (ever). I used almond milk and it actually is one of the better ones I’ve tried. Tastes almost like, but even better than the Duncan Hines! Hahaha! I made a peanut butter frosting to spread in the center and then topped it with my own buttercream frosting.
He was not disappointed on his birthday…as he isn’t any other day I give him dessert! He’s a sweetie! Happy Birthday my Dear!
For the cake recipe follow this link: https://addapinch.com/the-best-chocolate-cake-recipe-ever/
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
Combine the peanut butter, and the softened butter in a bowl; whip using a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time and then add the whipping cream. Continue whipping until creamy and smooth. You may add extra whipping cream if you want it to be creamier.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- pinch of Kosher salt
Cream the butter using a hand or stand mixer. Add the sugar a little at a time. Add a pinch of salt. Add the whipping cream and the vanilla. Continue to mix until creamy.
- Add some special sprinkles! I used white and gold toned sprinkles to match the peanut butter and also added some chocolate shavings.