After much tweaking, I have finally made the pimento cheese I absolutely love. I loved the NY Times Cooking recipe I have made in the past, but this one was the winner for me! It’s not to overpowering with cheddar, not too lumpy, no too spicy. It was delicious! And you can have it in a sandwich, on crackers as a snack, or mix it into some baked mac n’ cheese! It also keeps well, so you’ll be enjoying it several days or be able to prepare it ahead of time for a party.
- One 8 oz. package of Sargento finely shredded cheddar blend. Or blend about 2.5 ounces of each: Sharp yellow cheddar, mild white cheddar and mild yellow cheddar, shredded finely.
- One 8 oz. package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. At room temperature.
- 2/3 cup of Kraft Olive Oil Mayo
- 6 oz. jarred pimento or two small home roasted red bell peppers, seeds and skin removed after roasting
- A decent pinch salt
- a few turns of fresh ground pink pepper corns
- a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional if you want it a little spicy)
- a hefty pinch of garlic powder
- Drain the jarred pimento and pat dry with a paper towel before adding it in. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until it is creamy. Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature so it blends well. Give it a taste and add more salt, or other seasoning if you wish.