Just in time for the holidays! This recipe is super easy and delicious. The carrots look great when served with pistachios and the flavors work amazing together.
- 12 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (more or less) shelled pistachios
- Heat your oven to 450º.
- Wash, dry and peel the carrots. Cut off the top end and the bottom tip. Cut each one on the diagonal, about 1 1/2″ thick. Place the cut carrots in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, garlic, and nutmeg.
- Place the carrots in a roasting pan that is at least 1″ inch deep and can withstand high temperature.
- Roast the carrots for 15 minutes. Stir them and roast another 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 400º and add the maple syrup and sprinkle the pistachios over the top and roast for another 5-10 minutes. When the edges of the carrots are browned and they are tender but still slightly firm, remove them from the oven. Place them on a platter with a slight rim. Drizzle the hot maple syrup and pistachios from the roasting pan over the carrots.